Saturday, January 20, 2018

Jan 20, Today's Demo Painting

For class today, I had everyone do a One-Stroke-Per-Color painting, using a viewfinder of a basic still-life.  This is a group of dedicated people, and I can't think of a better way to spend my Saturday mornings than with them exploring our visual world through pigments and brushes...
And this is one of their favorite lessons!  No, really it isn't.  But I think everyone understands why it is helpful- the idea is to mix one color and paint ONE stroke of it, then mix another color and paint ONE stroke of that.  This really makes you pay attention both to your color mixing and your placement of your strokes and I love how they turn out!
My demo was of a favorite rock from Lake Superior and a beautiful feather that Max found for me, on a red cloth. Tricky stuff!  One stroke, so fun!

6x6 acrylic on wood
$75

No comments: