Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 20, Grom for Denis!

This sweet pup was supposed to be posted a few days ago, but I got him done now, so here he is!  I asked Denis about his name when I met them in the lobby of Track29, and he said Grom meant "Thunder" and I found this definition too: "Polish and Slovenian: nickname for a noisy or obstreperous person, from grom ‘thunder’, ‘crashing’, ‘loud noise’. This name is also found in German-speaking countries."
I LOVE big names for little dogs!  My sister Kelli had a Maltese named "Truffles", whom my younger brother wanted to name "Thor".  I still thought of him as "Thor" at times.  Currently, we have a cranky Yorkie around the house who goes by "Guapo"-  kinda big name too~

I had a good time painting Grom's eyes and nose, though I did have to readjust the placement of his eyes a couple times...  tricky placement with all that fluff!


10x10 acrylic on cradled panel, $275 click here to purchase!

No comments: