Friday, February 19, 2016

February 19, "Beach Bunny Backside"

Well, the Behind-The-Indian-Rocks-Beach-Art-Center-Bunny-Backside, actually-  I didn't see any bunnies on the beach.
Isn't it funny how when you are away from home, you are always thinking of when you get back?  And when you are home and about to go away, you can't think of much but how much you have to get done before you can go?  All I can say is I am grateful for Friday!  And the Art Shanties have been cancelled for Sunday, which is terribly sad, but I'm grateful for a day to catch up on stuff!  I have really fallen behind.  And I am realizing I really haven't been taking it as easy as I think I need to, with dad being gone just three months now... I know it still hasn't sunk soul in.  That's part of the difficulty of this wonderful trip I just took with mom- it's the first time we were gone like this without him keeping the home fires (and dogs) stoked and cared for.  And I'm understanding that my mom is still going through a lot of new recognitions of new grief.  Oh those terrible spaces where the love used to be-
Yes, well meaning people will tell you the love is still there, but I am feeling how true it is that it is gone.  I understand that the further I get from dad's death, the gentler I'll feel about it all, but right now it is such a festering wound, I can't get a lot of relief from it.
Painting helps.
SO send me your critters, please!
6x6 acrylic on panel, $75 click HERE to purchase!

No comments: