Thursday, February 18, 2016

February 18, "Shore Line, Indian Rocks Beach, FL"

Missed posting yesterday because of traveling, getting home, taking all the oil paintings out of their Raymar boxes to see if they'd made it okay in my checked luggage and everything else returning from a trip entails!  And yes, most of them made it just fine, though mom's of Nerstrand's waterfall was a bit schmucked up, I think from being at the back of the box and maybe on the bottom of the suitcase.  There was a nice little note from the airport guys letting me know they'd opened my bag.  I'm not surprised at all-  I was surprised it hadn't been opened on the way out of Minneapolis!  I did have the MSDS sheets for the oil paints and for the Zest-It solvent stuff, all of which is pretty harmless, but I imagine having the sheets helped.
So this is a painting of the ocean~  I was trying to capture all that movement and color at sunset, where the waves are coming in and you can see peach and orange next to azure and magenta...
a kinda new idea for me- we'll see where we go from here!
I did do a lovely pile of rabbits that I'll show you later, maybe as part of this year's "30 Cats and Friends in 30 Days" Project!  DO send me your critter photos!

9x12 oil on panel, $215 click here to make this your own!

No comments: