Tuesday, August 8, 2023

August 8, Dogs #30! Zooley and Katie-Blue!

Duane's best friend from school, Bill, lives in Walker, not far from where we are right now in Grand Rapids, MN, and he invited us over one of the first days off we had. We went to his house and he graciously made us walleye, crusted with crunched up ripple potato chips because of my gluten-free-ness, and we had such a great time, chatting, the two of the catching up. Bill suffered a devastating tragedy this year as well, in his wife Diane's death in March. It was unexpected, a kidney infection, I think I understood, and Diane was an artist who left a lot of supplies behind. Bill kindly allowed us to fill a couple bags with her glass beads and fittings and all, and I've been using them here at Camp with the kids. These two pups are Zooley and Katie-Blue, and they both loved Diane as well and now are quite attached to Bill. They are a little older than Pom and weren't thrilled with her exuberance and energy...

So I'm painting them as a Thank you to Bill!  We'll send them on to him when I've got them varnished~

And this concludes our 30 Dogs in 30 Days!  I'll be wiring the pups up and varnishing them this week and I plan on hanging them at Diamond's this Sunday morning, the 13th. We'll have a Celebration/Pick Up Party on Sunday September 10th from 2-4pm!~

6x6 acrylic on wood
spoken for
Katie-Blue

6x6 acrylic on wood
spoken for
Zooley


No comments: