Wednesday, June 9, 2021

June 9th, A Commission!

 I've painted this cat already, but it just didn't look right- as a matter of fact, I tried and tried to fix it, but nothing worked. Thank god my cousin (second cousin actually, but who's counting?) who had asked for it, was honest enough to tell me that it wasn't quite right. Now, I do know that a few people do actually read these posts (thank you! and I'm feeling well, thank you!) and I want to tell you that any artist who creates work for you would prefer to know that you like the work and will be hanging it on your wall and appreciating it for the rest of your life, or until you move and pack it into a box and forget about it for a while, but at any rate you do really LIKE it, or maybe possibly even LOVE it.  What I'm saying is do NOT lie to an artist and tell them their work is great if you really don't think it is. 

We can tell when you aren't telling the truth.  Just like a kid, when you say "oooo, that's a lovely little house" and then they say "it's a rhino." They know you were lying. 

And besides, it helps us to know that our gauge of good and bad is still working.  So. There'e this cat. Who has green eyes. and Really light fur. And I'm trying to paint him on black. Which is really difficult.

SO, I decide to paint him on raw wood instead after sealing it of course because I am not a newbie.

I like this version better. I may go back into those eyes yet, because they are amazing, but I'm not sure they are done yet.

This is one of the best parts of my job- getting to live with the art! And this one is a delight~

thank you Elizabeth!

8x10 acrylic on raw (sealed) wood
sold

1 comment:

kat lange said...

Love this Kat! Your painting and your reflections on being an artist 😁.