Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Feb 3, Mediating or maybe Meditating

 A few weekends ago, I was lucky enough to have a fantastic couple contact me to come to my studio to see some of my otter paintings, and maybe some landscapes. I was super excited about that, and had to go to our basement to pack the otters I had stored there so I could bring them to the studio. Since June 2020, my favorite work has been stored in our basement after the Ivy Building caught fire from the Hexagon Bar which was burnt down after George Floyd's murder and the uprising. It was a bit safer... but now, work is continuing on the building and our end of it is just fine, so I've been bringing work back over there. I was happy to be able to pull out all my favorites and some new otters and set them all up. It felt so great!

And when they chose three paintings, that felt even greater!

I held onto this one, because I wasn't happy with how monochrome it looked, and I also really wanted to varnish it. It is a 36x24 acrylic on wood painting, and I'd never varnished it and it needed that. I'll be going back in and doing a few others. I also lighted some bits up and added more browns into the reflection and in the otter itself~

MUCH better!

24x36 acrylic on wood
sold

No comments: