Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Feb 10, Orange and Blue. AUCTION

 I'm working on planning out some exercises for my Advanced Paint Love students who will be starting this Saturday morning with me, and I thought I'd better work on my own exercises! Which is a great case in point- if you want to get better at something, you have to practice. And you don't expect all your practice work to be keepers either. BUT it is always good to do the practice. And keep in mind what it is you are PRACTICING. Which is why I'm auctioning this one...

In this case, I wanted to practice seeing my values, where the darks and lights lie. Or is it lay? Probably lay... so I painted this clementine. Usually when I'm painting these, I'm practicing One-Stroke-Per-Color, which is a great way to check your values and color anyway, and I've painted so many apples and oranges, I'm afraid I go into auto-pilot unless I jerk my mind into focus and really pay attention. Isn't that an interesting phrase? PAY ATTENTION. Because if you don't, you'll end up paying something else, whether it is time or energy or emotion!

Whoa am I philosophical or WHAT?!

Tomorrow I'll post the After painting...


6x6 acrylic on wood
AUCTION! $25 starting bid!



No comments: