Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Feb 2, Groundhog's Day! And Pearl in the Window

 Today is our anniversary! We married at the Art Shanties Project on Medicine Lake in 2008, on top of the Medicine Lake Research Shanty, which was a two-story shanty with a balcony so we could be up there with Bo, our officiator... it was honestly one of the best days of my life! I'll have to see if I can find photos somewhere- it was just a perfect day, with everyone we loved at the lake and taiko drumming groundhogs and penguins and just FUN!

So here is another commission I'm working on!  I think it's nearly complete, but now I'm worried about the fluff on the left side (as you look at her) of her ear- this is 20x16, and will be sent to Texas when my client agrees that it is finished. I used two photos to create the piece, and I'm particularly pleased with the leather couch and the stained glass rose window, and the outside being softer, and the fluffy fur...  okay, I'm pretty happy with all of it!

Though I am also interested in hearing what you think!

16x20 acrylic on canvas
sold

1 comment:

mwertz@venturaesop.com said...

On the painting--Likie a sunburst crown is anointing the cute little dog. Love it. The soft background is genius.
On your anniversary--Happy Happy Day! I have been married 40 yers, and remember my wedding vividly like it was yesterday. It wa also a beautiful day, and my favorite part ws standing on the church steps in the sun, visiting with our guests. I felt like a queen.
Congrats again, queen Kat!