Monday, April 20, 2020

4/20 Shoreline Longing

Usually, I spend this time of year getting ready to head north for what has become a traditional weekend retreat/worktime/ start of my visual year. My mom and I have been going up to the Grand Marais Art Colony for about thirty years, long ago for a week long session in the summer, and then since around 2000 for a spring extended weekend. Elizabeth Erickson has been the star in our firmament, our gide in these mentored weekends for many many years and last year was her first year NOT in attendance, and so me and two other participants recommended by Elizabeth led the class. We were looking forward to doing this again this year, and of course as with so many people's plans, things are changed.
SO this painting represents for me that space, that atmosphere, that giant breathing presence of the lake. I am really sad.
Oh and it was very hard to get a good photo of this!  I may try again, because the right side is a little too dark.  I love the translucent green of the short little waves and I think the color doesn't read as true.

12x36 acrylic on canvas
$865

No comments: