Tuesday, November 12, 2019

11/12 Cottage on Iona Island, Scottland

Yes, a cottage on an island~ there's something about those skies...
Have I mentioned that I've been listening to Afrocelt Soundsystem lately? I have a couple of their cds, and remember dancing to their music in the basement of at least one South Minneapolis house...  there's something really soothing, moving, invigorating about their music.  We ended up using it as background music at the Boutique on Saturday, and it made the day just rock, for me!  And I'm pretty sure other people enjoyed it as well.  I've been playing it in my classroom too, and the kids like it because they don't know what it is and can't quite categorize it as "Art Teacher" music...
Check out the wikipedia page, and then order some of their music!  I'm listening to it on Amazon music, but I also have the cds~ here is a link to SEED-

6x9
acrylic on wood
$110

No comments: