Tuesday, July 31, 2018

July 31, The Last Dog

A favorite book of mine is "The Mouse and His Child" by Russell Hoban, and made into a movie in 1977, is actually an incredibly philisophical book, and one part it about 'The Last Dog" and "The Dog Beyond The Last Dog", meaning there's always something next... which I love!  And so, I couldn't just stop at the last dog yesterday, so I had to paint THIS one today. I didn't have quite enough of my favorite black smooth coated dogs in this project...  But I don't know whose dog this is!  He and his owner came by my tent at the Grand Marais Art Festival and I snapped a bunch of photos, and here he is!
And I'm also in the process of getting all the dogs ready to hang at Diamond's tomorrow~  I hope to have them all up by noon, and then the Opening Celebration is on Thursday from 6-8!  Come on over and see the dogs in their glory!  Wahoo!


8x8 acrylic on wood
$192

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those book also help me to move on in the loss of my pet. I received after the pet cremation houston it was from my best friend. Thank you so much!