Monday, July 16, 2018

July 16, Sister!

This is the most gremlin-y looking dog I have ever seen!  And yet, there is this intelligence in her face, in her eyes, that just shines through.
And I chose her partially because of this incredible photo, which shows that intelligence, and also once Gina wrote this about her~
Thanks for considering her. She was a force to be reckoned with. She came from a puppy mill where she’d lived in a cage her whole life and used to make puppies. We got her when she was 7 after she’d been rescued from the mill. She looked like death warmed over and we thought we’d be lucky if she lived a year. She lived 3 years and 3 months. When she came to our home she decided almost immediately that she was the princess of the house – I don’t know how that is even possible after the horrific life she’d lived. Let me just say, she embraced her new lifestyle fully. We loved her so hard. She was my girl and never not by my side. Everywhere we went people fell in love with her. She was featured on Susie’s Senior Dogs, twice, was featured on Dogs of Instagram, and also in Dogster magazine. She was more popular than anyone in our family. She had more likes on her facebook page than I did, as she should because she was way more amazing and interesting than me.  I squeezed a lifetime’s worth of love into those 3 years and 3 months and I miss her terribly, still, every day.


8x8 acrylic on panel
$192



No comments: