Saturday, July 28, 2018

July 28, Izzie for Kellie Rae!

And here she is, the amazing Izzie!  What a face- I was working on this at my sister's house this morning- we had a sleep over last night. It was great! Except that she bought some facial masks (masques?) for us, which was super sweet, though I just couldn't wear mine.  It made me feel really claustrophobic~ which seems weird maybe, but it was that it covered my entire face with just little holes for breathing through... didn't realize it would bother me that much!
Anyway, it is a delight to paint at my sister's house!  She's got it set up so beautifully, just about everywhere you look is a still life~  I'll be painting some of her kitties in baskets soon!
And here's what Kellie Rae said about her Izzie~
Izzy has a soulful, almost humanistic face. She’s black but many colors show up on her body like you would see on a crow. Depends how the light is hitting her fur.

10x10 acrylic on black panel

No comments: