Tuesday, April 25, 2017

April 25, Tickle Grin

Okay, so I have to admit that it feels strange to post a painting I have no intention of selling, and maybe not even keeping, but I do want to work more on painting people and that is a challenge to me.  I want to get better at this, which means I have to DO it, and I have to POST them too!  SO here is Max, being tickled by Duane, which makes for a strange facial expression to start with, and I had to move his lower eye in more because I had it too high up-  I am proud of the fact that I can draw fairly well if I am patient and pay attention and really look at what I am doing~  so the fact that I realized I'd drawn the eye too low means a lot to me.
And painting flesh tones is tricky- and so are teeth!  He's kinda biting his lip in this one...
That said, there is still space for this weekends Paint Your Pet Class!  Come and join me!

6x6 acrylic on wood

No comments: