Friday, April 8, 2016

April 8, Pondering the Depths

Yes, maybe not the most creative name I've ever thought up... but come on!  YOU try it!  Tell me a better name!

And hey!  Did I mention I've got THREE otters at the Minnetonka Art Center for the "Menagerie" Exhibition?!  You should come see it!  Next Thursday, April 14th is the opening!  6-8!  Here's a link!  And the Facebook page...  I'm pretty excited about this!  Maybe someone in Minnetonka decides they have space on their wall for a 3 foot by 3 foot painting of an otter face!

And I have to say, I really really am happy with this painting-  the reflected light feels really true, and the angle of the face and everything-  it was a delight to paint this as my demo last night at my painting class, for demo-ing how to paint from a photo~  we were talking about the difficulties of mixing greys and browns...

Yay!

8x8 acrylic on panel, $130  click here to own this beautiful creature!

No comments: