Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 31, "Waiting In The Red Chair"

This chair figures largely in a number of my paintings of Gus, because it has become something of the Dogs' Chair.  I was able to spend some time working on this larger piece today, and am pretty excited about that.  I was invited to a friend's house warming/art party and I ended up sitting here (well, standing actually) painting all afternoon.  My boys went to the science museum with the neighbors and we're having pizza over at my brother's tonight so I had this chunk of time to think about the colors of a dog.  I did want to go see my friend and her new place, but I didn't want to get dressed again (meaning "put on a bra") and I knew I'd hear a few sympathetic remarks about dad, and for some reason the hole he left is throbbing a bit today and I didn't want to have to brace myself (sorry Bonita! some time soon~)- so I stayed home and painted.

I have a show coming up at Artistry this August that will be all about dogs, and I am excited to be painting BIG paintings of dogs again~  really and truly, I love painting dogs.    This one isn't quite finished yet, but I am pleased with the direction it is headed.


24x30 acrylic on black gessoed canvas, $1440  (e-mail me if interested)





No comments: