Saturday, January 2, 2016

January 2, Backfloat~

It is a new year, and I think the sunshine today is helping that feeling of starting something fresh and new.  I want to start another "30 in 30" kinda project, because that always helps me roll, but I am not sure yet what I want to paint as a series, so I will just paint what I want to paint.  This is Max swimming on his back in the pool at the Radisson, Duluth, last fall when we went up to hang the "Otters Underwater" show at the Great Lakes Aquarium.  And you have one more week to see the Otters I painted at the Aquarium!  The show comes down NEXT Sunday, the 10th!  I think mom took the photo-  I am so interested in the distortion of water and how to paint the colors you see to represent what is there.  How do values work in this situation?  Hmm...
And maybe I can talk my guys into going to the zoo today so we can get more otter photos....
8x8 acrylic on panel, $125  click HERE to purchase!