Thursday, January 21, 2016

January 21, "Charlie of the Magnificent Paws"

This is a recent commission that came about from my having work at a local holiday art festival...  at which I only sold cards, but for me the nice thing is that I'll get exposure just from being somewhere. It is hard to keep pumping your art heart every day, especially when you feel like you've gone for a while without recognition (or a sale!) but the fun thing is that if you can keep doing it because you love it (because you DO, you know!) then eventually the fun stuff happens!  Because you keep showing up!
Yup-  it is all about persistence...
You gotta make the time for what you want to be important in your life!
And this was a fun but tricky painting, with all that fluff and the deep shadows on his face-  I had to play with that area until it felt right!

8x8 acrylic on panel, Commissioned work!  Sold!

No comments: