Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 27th, Bruin Looking Left

I don't have the bears out of my system yet.  I do want to work on humans too, trying to figure out facial structures and all...  I just bought Karin Jurick's book "Bust-Ed: 100 Faces" which is a collection of her paintings of convicts' faces, because I was supposed to be taking her painting class in Chicago this summer but now it's been cancelled, so I'll do a little self-study instead.  I am really bummed that it is cancelled!  Why didn't more of you sign up?  Dang.  I also spent a little time last night at my friend artist Mary Gibney's house for her fantastic as usual Gumbo Party peeking in her studio at her latest work-  she also does great faces...
I'm a little tired today~
Anyway, this bear, lovely as she is, is hanging out up high in a tree, gazing out across her domain...
And you can buy her NOW by clicking HERE!  6x6 acrylic on panel, ready to hang, $75!

No comments: