Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 24, "It's Raining Again.."

I've painted a couple versions of these bears, in their cave during a flash thunderstorm at the Mn Zoo last late summer.  I love the negative space between their bodies and the light outside the cave…
The black one is hunkered down by the door, hanging out patiently, while the brown bear paces and scents the air a little nervously, kinda like me and my husband;  ME "But what if…"  HIM "Calm down, don't worry, it will be fine."

And I also need to mention again that my (2nd!)cousin Elizabeth Garvey is having an opening tonight, info here, and that I have an opening tomorrow night at Light Grey Art Lab of the Animystics Show, and I just found out I got 4th place in Oil/Acrylic at the Art Show at the Dog Show in Witchita!  Big fat ribbon and all!

SO the BEARS!

Available for purchase HERE~  6x6 acrylic on panel, ready to hang, $75!

1 comment:

Kathy Fleming said...

Congrats on your award!!
See you in one week..can you believe it?
K