Saturday, April 19, 2014

April 19, Descending

Am I following some deep ingrained Easter story in these bears?  I hadn't thought about it til now, titling this one "Descending", though of course Jesus descended right into hell, didn't he?  On Thursday?  And was there for the three days til he raises tomorrow!  I think that's right....  Mom will correct me if I am wrong...
You'd think it would stay with me longer-  I was raised by very devout Catholics, and taught at a Catholic School until three years ago, and am now at an Episcopalian one so it's not like I am an utter pagan...
Anyway, I love the shape of the nose on this black bear, and he really IS descending a tree... something about his eyes being cast down, focused on those steps ahead to make it safely back to the ground where hopefully some yummy grubs may be casting about....

And yes this one is up for adoption as well!  Grab a bear while you can!

No comments: