Friday, March 14, 2014

March 14, Chairman Meow!

Whew!  This was a rough one to pick from the selection of adorable photos Laura sent me!!!  And I am still not sure I won't be going back and painting one of the kitten shots too….
And below is the story of how the Chairman was found!  I have yet to read the "Mortal Instruments" but I have had the pleasure of meeting this spunky little booger!
After a long day of motorcycle races at the Moto GP in Indy 2013, we went back to our pals' place and I had a quick cat nap.  Little did I know, it would really be a cat nap.  When I woke up, the men of the house shooed me over to this big box and pointed inside.  Lo and behold, there was a teeny-tiny, dirty, scared, blue-eyed and grey striped kitty cat.  

I immediately loved him, and went to the store to get kitten milk replacer.  He figured the bottle out pretty quick and then he set to eating.  We hung out and waited and watched for mumma cat all night.  She never came back and so the next day, he came to the races with us.  We paid some dude $20 so we could park under a tree in the shade, and I missed most of the races because I was hanging out with the kitten.  I was going to call him "Indy", but when I texted my daughter Athena about the kitt-eh, she was super excited, and asked if he was grey - and if he was, if we could name him "Chairman Meow".  He was, and so we did.  We drove back to Minneapolis with our little flea bitten kitten and I've loved every minute since.  (And I've read all the Mortal Instruments books now, so I understand the namesake.)

No comments: