Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10, Tonki, the Tonkinese!

Now, I have loved Siamese since "That Darned Cat" came out, or maybe it was before when my younger sister was born and my dad gave me a stuffed siamese cat as a present, and I know THIS one isn't actually a siamese cat, but wow!  Look at those eyes!
And here is Tonki's note to me!
My name is Tonki, and I am a three-year-old Tonkinese. I am also the beloved cat companion of a third grader, Zoe. I heard about your "30 Cats in 30 Days" exhibit, and I hope you will pick me to paint.

All cats are special, but I have one very unique quality: I fetch things, and can often be found carrying my special green glitter ball. I was the runt of my litter, but I make up for it with what Zoe calls extra cattitude. I also have beautiful green-blue eyes. They would look especially lovely in a painting.

I hope you choose me!

Sincerely (purr),

Tonki the Tonkinese

2 comments:

Susan Brehm said...

I love this painting! Maybe you'd think of making a print of it?

Craig Asche said...

Love the soft suede look of the orangey-browns and charcoal grays, especially contrasting with the glass like glowing blue eyes!