Wednesday, November 13, 2019

11/13 Dave's Cabin

I am very fortunate that my family takes good photos!  This one is from my sister, Colleen, know as Beaner, who travels all over.  The cabin belongs to Dave Gilsvik, famed painted from Two Harbors who has become a friend and colleague to my mom and me.  I was happy to include this one today because it makes me think of my dad and the first time I came to Dave's cabin, following dad in the camper on all these windy backroads.  Dad always loved a short cut, and he loved looking around other people's workshops, and he and Dave got on well.  I think it may have been when mom and I were doing an art event in Two Harbors, so Duane and Max were along too- I do remember taking photos of Max playing in Dave's creek below his mini-bridge.  Lovely memories~ lovely place. Dave raised his family in this little cabin while they built their bigger house just across the creek.  He has a very patient and loving wife~ here's his facebook page too!
I had to rush a bit on this one- amazing how much time even a small painting can take!

6x9 acrylic on wood
$110

No comments: