Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Afternoon Reeds

Here's another one I'm working on, from Camp Mishawaka- there's just something about the light in the reeds, all those darks and lights, that I just get hooked on! Not sure if this one is done yet or not-  Duane liked it while I was working on it in our little cabin...

Wow, I do hope you were able to get out and enjoy the weather this weekend! It has been absolutely glorious in Minneapolis!  I went to the Minnesota Zoo by myself on Saturday and walked the Tree Top Trail for the first time- lots of familys ambling all over the place, and on Sunday  Duane and Max and I went to the State Fair. Unfortunately, we didn't leave as early as we'd intended and got there around 11, which meant it was a madhouse and we ended up driving all over to find a parking spot, and walked around 7 blocks just to get IN to the fair. We went in by the horse barns to a gate I didn't even know was there, and were rubbing elbows (literally!) with our fellow humans within minutes. It was SO packed! We managed to make our way to the Global Bazaar where I ate bison meatballs from the Midtown Global Market and Max found a alpaca poncho (and I found a gorgeous turquoise bracelet!) and the boys ate egg rolls, and then we wandered a few more places, having to track after Duane as he snaked his way through the masses of humanity. We finally escaped to the Sky Glider and rode almost all the way back to where we came in- whew!

And then YESTERDAY, we went to the Renaissance Festival!  This time we left around 8am and got there before the gates opened. A lot more space and less humanity, and we all had a great time! I love the way everyone talks and jokes around at the Renn fest...

So I hope you've had some fun too!

Still working on this one....


No comments: