Monday, July 18, 2022

July 18, Cooper

This dog was sent to me by a friend of his bereaved owners, who aren't aware of this painting yet. And Mary, their friend, sent me this note that Tom wrote about Cooper on Facebook. Since it was on Facebook, I'm thinking it would be okay for me to repost it here~

He looks like such a chummy guy!

Last night we said goodbye to our dear, sweet Cooper. He went into cluster seizures and it was time to let him go peacefully once we controlled them.
Cooper was such a gentle boy who could live in harmony with all creatures. Such a lesson he could give humanity in our current times.
Sandra discovered this lovely boy in a shelter where he had been for months and needed to get back to a real home. Within minutes of entering our lives, he was allowing one of our cats to snuggle up and rub all over his face. That’s when we knew he would become a foster fail. And what a wonderful fail you were.
Sandra, I can’t thank you enough for bringing this boy into our lives and for being there yesterday when he needed you most and later when I needed you most. You brought us the best gift we could ever receive.
Cooper was my walking buddy and there was no greater joy than a trip around the neighborhood or a stroll on the beach. He would anticipate my arrival every evening minutes before I’d pull into the garage, then whine until I sat down and cuddled with him. He was trying to teach me to unwind at the end of the day. Sorry I wasn’t the best pupil.
Cooper, we will miss you dearly but we thank you for every counter-surfing, bed-hogging, cuddling moment we were blessed to share with you.

Rest In Peace and know how much you were loved.

8x8 acrylic on wood
sold

 

No comments: