Friday, November 16, 2018

11/16 Deborah's Fav Place

This one has a great story attached!  From Deborah, slightly edited by me~
Kat dear, here is my favorite place that I go back to in my mind when I need to remember a true 'home' - the front porch of The Cottage on Superior, on Sverre Lane which ends at Sverre Bay in Lutsen atop a rocky outcrop, named for the historic fishing family that lived there for over a century. The original fish-house was restored and sets below on a rocky shelf at the shoreline. 
Someday I will build a small house just like this one in the outer metro area on a lake and recreate what I loved so much: honey-worn wood floors gleaming in sunlight from windows on all sides on white walls and built-in bookcases, and a walk-out deck on both sides. 

8x10 acrylic on wood
$175

No comments: