Friday, March 23, 2018

March 23, Sissy! or is it Cissy?

And today's kitty, painted in the luxury of an Airbnb in West Seattle, is Sissy kitty, for Robert who is also an artist.
Here's what he says about this lovely bundle of fur!

Sadly, Ari passed away August before last. Then my dearest sweet fluff lady Sissy came into my life, she's six now. She lost her human and I lost my Ari, a long year of courtship later she's my cat. She's a diva. She likes to sing, with a lovely high trilling ornamented meow like an opera singer. She's a full blood Maine Coon runt, only 12 pounds, tiny and dainty as Maine Coons go. She's fluffy. I didn't name her Sissy, but she does play Damsel in Distress and likes to be picked up and lifted to high shelves although if no one's there she jumps as lively as any cat. She just likes the attention. 

She also has this lovely dainty way of tapping your arm for attention with her soft fluffy paw, or waving her hand for attention if she's across the room. The most "femme" lady cat I have ever met. Her long fluffy tail, she gestures like mae west with a feather boa, swaying and curling it, thwapping me with it in passing, then looking back over her shoulder with big blue eyes.

I'm in love, what can I say!

And who wouldn't be!


6x6 acrylic on wood


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how I love Cissy's description!

Sing on beautiful girl! ❤ ❤ ❤

Wendy Booth said...

Looks like a very contented cat. Gorgeous painting!

robertsloan2art said...

This is so lovely! You caught her essence, those sweet blue eyes and her gorgeous expression. She is utterly lovable and so much herself! Thank you!

robertsloan2art said...

It's Sissy. When I first got her, I tried to change it to Cissy, at least spell it different. But that was before I really understood her. She's a sweet little Sissy and her brother Bubba is at least two of her - gigantic and just as gentle.

She's a sissy in a good way. She will politely meow and ask me to clear her a path from my desk to the shelf rather than throw things off my desk. Every other cat romps up to the shelf merrily kicking pens or books or art supplies off into the trash or on the floor. Sissy asks nicely like a lady and then goes up by the path. She does not like to throw things. Every inch a lady!