Monday, March 28, 2016

March 28, Raskalnikov

I have to admit this was a trickier painting-  the eyes of my subjects are usually the most compelling part of the piece, and Raskal's eyes are closed.  And the composition and the soft, monochromatic pallet made this a challenge, I am now happy with it.  I hope Harper is too!

This is what she wrote to me~
This is a picture of Raskalnikov, nicknamed Raskal. Raskal was my beautiful, loving, mischievous companion taken too soon. Raskal filled many roles in the lives of those who knew him. He was a schemer, a trouble maker, a brother, and a sweet companion. He happily orchestrated scenarios in which chaos would ensue and all the blame would be put squarely on his brother, Boo's, furry shoulders. But despite his mob-boss tendencies, you couldn't help but love him. He instinctually knew when I needed a cuddle after a bad day, or when I was having an asthma attack and needed to be left alone. RIP, sweet boy. You are missed.


8x8 acrylic on panel, sold

No comments: