Friday, March 25, 2016

March 25, Bela!

Another mostly black kitty! LOVE those shiny fur coats-  this is Bela, named after Bela Lugosi, though I think OUR Bela is a lot more eye-friendly than his name-sake!  And this is what Diane, his loving owner, says of him~

I saw a photo of poor little Bela online and knew that I just had to go rescue him from the animal shelter.  I drove right up there and got him  He not only had an upper respiratory infection but a wicked parasite as well that made him throw up everything he ate.  So it was off to the 24-hour kitty hospital with him and after 2 days there and then 2 days at my regular vet he was starting to get better.  It was really touch and go though because he was so starved and skinny - I wasn't sure he was going to make it.  Bela and I bonded in our tiny back bedroom for two weeks while he recovered and got over being contagious and now he's my constant companion, a regular love bug.  He is deathly afraid of anyone else though!  He still has the "little kitty found in the field" in him and runs like lightning whenever anyone goes near him.  I'm crazy about him and figure that trip to the animal shelter was one of the best trips I have ever made.

 8x8 acrylic on panel, $175 sold

No comments: