Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14, Gwen!

Have I mentioned how much I love birds?  I've had my own birds in my life, mostly finches and a few parakeets in High School, and then cockatiels as an adult, and a loving sun conure named Sunny, followed by an umbrella cockatoo named Nemo, who I hope is still happily living with my ex somewhere in California...
Those bright little black button eyes hold an intelligence for sure!  I loved all my birds~  it's amazing to cuddle a creature who could do some damage with their beak if they took a mind to, but who are gentle enough to preen your eyebrows.  A trusting bundle of feathers and fluff, sitting on your shoulder-  there's nothing like it~
This is Gwen!  And I included the first photo her loving owner sent me~  it is a nice shot of Gwen's home, and maybe I'll paint it later~

6x6 acrylic on panel, $100 click here to have a Gwen of your own!


No comments: