Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August 26, "Perceptive Papillon"

So I am not sure I'll be posting for the next few days, as I am off to the wilds of WI with a pack of 6th graders!  I do plan on bringing my paints but I am not sure how much time there will be for that kind of frivolity, and I am also not sure about whether or not I'll be able to post... so there is the upcoming MYSTERY for you!

Also, you wonderful local participants of the "30 Dogs in 30 Days" project will be getting contacted by me about pick-up and delivery of your art!  I'll be taking the show down this weekend and will have the doggies ready to go home!

SO this pup is one I painted from a photo I took in July while sitting on Wabasha Ave for the Street Party, which was SO much fun and resulted in my meeting two of my former art students!  SO fun!  I just wanted to try to get this dog's attentive face and inquisitive and somehow knowing manner...  those eyes were tricky too-  had to do them over twice!
6x6 acrylic on panel, purchase here for $65!

No comments: