Saturday, August 30, 2014

August 30, "Grizzled"

Wow.  We had a heckuva time yesterday, and I didn't really have internet access to post at all, though I did try to use my hotspot.  Thank god for Duane and red wine!  I had to spend the evening recovering a bit from canoeing down the St Croix river with 80 6th graders in a downpour and thunderstorm... in aluminum canoes...
We had to hit the banks twice and get out of the river and away from the trees and stand on our life vest because of the lightning...  it was honestly terrifying all the way around and maybe we weren't in that much real danger but the kids were scared and I was scared and trying not to show it~  you know how that goes!

Anyway, I did have time to paint a little and this is a grizzly from the Mn zoo in July, sitting in his pool contemplating life~
6x6 acrylic on panel, available for purchase here $75!

No comments: