Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March 5, Squeaky Kitty!

I have to admit that I liked this cat's story so much, I HAD to include her!

Here she is~ and here is what her owner, Brad, says of her when I commented on her name...

 "Well, she did name herself. I always let my cats name themselves. Her predecessor was HeySweetie. I wait for them to look up at me and cock their heads when I say something. I was saying to my mom, "She's such a squeaky kitty," and she walked up to me. I said it again and she came again. So her name was Squeaky Kitty. I had a problem with her letting herself get locked into rooms and then not making any noise. We practiced a little chant - "I say, 'Squeaky Kitty', you say 'Meow!' I say 'Squeaky Kitty', you say, 'Meow!' Squeaky Kitty, Meow! Squeaky Kitty, Meow! Squeaky Kitty, Squeaky Kitty! Meow! Meow! Meow!" It worked. I'd start the chant and she'd respond with her part. She never got locked in again. I never had to tell her anything. I'd just think at her and she'd do it. She was a very smart cat."

1 comment:

Diane Irvine Armitage said...

I love that story! And Squeaky Kitty looks mightly fine in her portrait :-) I'm enjoying the 30 days of cats - keep 'em coming!