Friday, March 1, 2013

March 1, Luna!

Alright, here is the first cat of the month, the lovely, green-eyed Luna!

And here is what her owner says about her~  well, about Luna, and also how a cat owner tends to end up with more than one cat!

"This is what Hemingway meant when he said "One cat leads to another" ...  I originally had Pandora and Mr. Buster, and Pandora was a frisky little kitten and loved to play and Buster is old, with one foot on a banana peel and the other on the grave.  So eventually it occurred to me that Pandora might want a little friend to play with.  Well, right around the time that I began to ponder this, Pandora grew up and stopped playing like a maniac all over the house and took to laying around.  But I didn't notice this until I had already gone out and brought home Morticia from the shelter to keep her company.  Well, Pandora does NOT want company and hisses and swats at poor little Tish and has never come around to like her.  So that lead me to think that I needed to get poor little Morticia a friend because all that rejection was hard to take.  I thought that this could either be a really bad decision, like the one thinking Pandora needed a friend, or it could be good.  So anyway, we adopted little Luna from the shelter and voila!  she and Morticia are the absolute best friends ever.  As a matter of fact, I call them the two-headed cat because they nap and groom in one big pile and since they are both black, all you see are the two heads sticking up from the black body.  So the story has a happy ending aside from the fact that Pandora still hates everyone, and now she has included Mr. Buster on that list!  At least she still likes me : - )  Oh and this was supposed to be about Luna, who is the sweetest, gentlest little kitty ever.  She's a real sweetie and her tuxedo looks nice on her : - ) "

1 comment:

Diane Irvine Armitage said...

Ohhhhh - your portrait of Luna caught her EXACTLY!! I'm sooo thrilled with this painting! A fantastic start on your 30 days of felines. Thank you thank you thank you!!!