Saturday, August 15, 2026

8/15, The One I'm Working On...

 Yes, I thought I'd post the one I'm working on right now- it's Rusty, the dog of my teenage-dom... when I got my own room, in the basement, the former play-room, and when I learned to drive, and when I'd want to go for walks I had someone to take along, though Rusty was better known for going on his own walks, leaping the backyard fence and taking off, possibly siring more little Rustys in the neighborhood, though he was also great about recognizing the sound of our huge tan van and he'd gamely come running and jump in when you spotted him...  I don't think he was ever fixed, but he was a wonderful dog. House trained immediately, probably because he had a good momma dog, he was in a "Free Dog" box in the back of a pick up truck on the way up to Virginia MN when all the "men" in our family went up to help our uncle, my mom's brother, on his new cabin/house because he and his wife had just had their first child. Of course, the young family refused to accept a new puppy because their hands were already full, so dad brought the pup back to our house where my mom adamantly claimed him and said he could replace the dog her dad had given away when she was a young girl.

Rusty was amazing. We all loved him so much!

There's something off with the shape of his head, and I need to fix his eyes- I love how his ears are all flipped up!  We were picking out and cutting down our Christmas tree and Rusty was free to run around the tree farm. We all loved that too!

29x16


No comments: