Tuesday, August 13, 2024

August 13, Patience

Did I mention there were horses up at Camp Mishawaka?  This is our fourth summer there, and it is the FIRST year I was able to ride a horse!  My horse's name was Merle, and he was older and a bit clumsy, I was told. He was a delight to ride through the woods!  It's such a different experience, riding on another being... it wasn't a long ride, but long enough to feel like we were working together a bit, especially on watching for fallen sticks in the path and humping up the taller hills in the path.

So this is one of the horses! And I'm afraid I don't know exacly who... but I'll have this painting with me at the Carpenter Nature Fair this Saturday!  Duane and I will be together under the big tent again- come see us!

We're on the WISCONSIN side of the St Croix, just past Hudson, from 10 to 5pm!

12x6 acrylic on wood
$165



No comments: