Thursday, June 1, 2023

June 1, Three Graces, Birch

 So it is JUNE already!  I was listening to World Party on CD on my drive in this morning, feeling awake and rested, and entertained by my drive through downtown. I am so lucky to have choice in my drive to work every day. That's part of a creative brain, I think... pushing yourself to stay out of ruts.  Routine and habit are necessary for some parts of life, and create a sense of security in a sometimes chaotic world, but it is so good for your brain and your spirit to switch it up every so often!

That said, I spent a week up at the Bearskin Lodge a couple weeks ago, and that was a shift for sure- I didn't actually have a daily commute- it was more the switch-up of painting outside and painting what I'm looking at instead of working from photos. Also, I decided to play with Golden Open Acrylics instead of my usual Heavy Body Acrylics, and that was fun too, because it was more like painting with oil. They don't dry as fast. Still, they dry a heckuva lot faster than oil does!

These birches were SO much fun to paint!  I did a bunch of paintings of them. I'll post some more... maybe... if I can get my groove going!  I'll be painting dogs again in July as well, so go ahead and start sending me your dog photos!


Wahoooo!

8x10 acrylic on wood
$175 

No comments: