Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Velvet Gaze

Yes, another buck... this one is more velvety~ and I wanted to play with the background a bit too... I'd been reading and thinking about the idea of playing with areas for a bit of spark, trying something a little different.  It doesn't actually look that different, I don't think~

I'm also playing with the idea of doing another Daily Painting Project in November for "Homevember", painting people's homes with most of the proceeds for any sales going to the homeless here in Minneapolis. Because there is a huge need... and driving home today through the snow at 4pm, heavy as it was, and slick, and scary, I was worried about the encampments at area lakes, and people attempting to live in tents in this kind of Minnesota weather.  We have never had snow this early, in my experience as a living Minnesotan!  I think most of us were expecting a little more warm weather.  Lots of leaves hidden under the snow...

It is nice to see it though!

6x6 acrylic on wood
$75


 

No comments: