Monday, December 4, 2017

December 4, Whew!

Just signing this one! 
Wow- so I'm still painting one more house, kind of as a part of the project because it would be fun to hang it, but I haven't been able to get to it yet.  Usually, I can carve out a smidge of time somewhere in my day to at least paint a little bear or a moose or an otter, but this has been nuts!  I have to admit I had a bit of a crisis last Thursday evening when I realized I just couldn't accomplish what I had intended to for that day (which was to drop my artwork off at Artistry for the Gifts in the Gallery Holiday Show, which opens tomorrow evening people!  Come see me!) combined with the current political mess and feeling the solid ground shifting under my feet, and I just kinda melted down, gently, and my husband applied a poultice of pinot noir with a sprinkling of "An Idiot Abroad" (both of which helped in this situation).
SO it was a splendid and full weekend, non-the-less, and thank you everyone who came by the studio for the Winter Frolic this weekend!  I'll be at Artistry at the Bloomington Art Center on Wednesday from 6 to 8, and I'll also be in Zumbrota at Crossings at Carnegie this Sunday the 10th to teach a Paint Your House class, from 11 to 4! Sign up HERE!
And here's a shot or two of the HOMEvember show, which I did manage to hang last Wed, though I still have two pieces to get over there- they needed a little touching up~
Do plan on coming by for the Wed, Dec 20th HOUSE PARTY at Diamond's
from 6 to 8pm!
We'll have refreshments and I'll bring a variety of stuff for sale, paintings and cards and books, just in case you haven't finished your holiday shopping by then!
It'll be great to see you, as always!

No comments: