Saturday, September 2, 2017

September 2, A Commission

This is Miette, a bit of a work-over of a previous commission that needed a bit of work. I'd painted the original in 2011, and I appreciate the chance to play with something again.  And it was a real challenge for me because I could see that I hadn't had the proportions right initially, and I played with that for a bit and ended up doing a lot of gessoing out and starting over.  Funny how that seems to be the best way to go.  Though it was a bit nerve wracking at one point when I felt I'd gone too far to go back, and realized that maybe I should've done the redo on another panel and NOT on the original painting, just in case...  but I had thought it would just be a bit of a touch up here and there.  You never know!
I cant find the original, darn it....
12x12 acrylic on panel

No comments: