Friday, January 13, 2017

Jan 13, Screen Door Surveillance

Today is Friday the 13th, which is still a bit tricky for me, as my dad died on Friday the 13th in November of 2015~  not quite a year and a half ago...  and sometimes my anxiety about that sudden death comes back, exacerbated by current politics...

BUT I have some really fun news!  I just found out that my painting, "Screen Door Surveillance" was accepted into the 2017 Wintertide Exhibition through the Northeast Minneapolis Arts Association!  AND I'm told it has won an award!  but I won't find out what that award is until the VIP Reception on January 28th!!!  YOU can come TOO!  And see what I won!

I'm pretty excited about this~  can you tell?  This is one of those paintings I just had to paint-  my student in Grand Marais last summer had this photo in her pile and she gave me permission to paint it.  The noble and goofy face of a chihuahua at the door, defending its territory as it can... My mentor and friend Elizabeth commented that it is actually quite abstract in its size and color, depicting such a small animal on such a scale.  I struggled with those buggy eyes and that puckered mouth and am pretty happy with this~

36x36 inches on cradled wood, $2600  click here to nab this monster!  You can't have it till after the show though!

No comments: