Sunday, April 12, 2015

April 12, Wild At Heart

I painted this one in January, I think, back when I was in a wolf-fix, which I am sure will be happening again soon-  you really never know what your next inspiration is going to be, and so it is good to stay open and not be judgmental about anything.  Really, you put yourself into anything you paint, so even if everyone else is painting cowboy boots, yours will still be YOUR cowboy boots.  That's the glory of art!
SO this is one of those black wolf pups at the MN Zoo and I LOVE this expression-  I love painting black animals.  Maybe I should ask for only black dogs for my July 30 Dogs in 30 Days project... good idea?  Terrible idea?
I included the process photos too, because I love seeing what other artists' do as they work their way through a project.  This is acrylic on a 16x16 cradled birch panel, with a couple coats of black gesso on the raw wood.  It sucks the paint up sometimes anyway!


16x16 acrylic on cradled panel, $525 available HERE~




No comments: