Saturday, January 10, 2015

Jan 10, The Intercessor

There is something about the way otters live both in and out of the water that I so appreciate-  the grace and joy in which they inhabit their lives is continually inspiring to me~  I have an otter tattoo on my shoulder that I had done around 1990, after a few repeated dreams...  I love the water, I am afraid of the water- I love life, I am terrified of death~  is that the same thing?


I named this one The Intercessor because I love the intent expression on this face, and the purposeful posture of his body- that shoulder up, the other front paw stroking strongly down, just the hint of his hindquarters and that powerful down curve of the tail.  This is someone I want on my side fer darn sure!
30x30 inches, acrylic on canvas $1800

No comments: