Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 27th~ Cody!

Darn John, you sent that e-mail just a bit late~  I got to work early today because of some plans later.  Cody's owner John was hoping I could take a photo of me painting the painting, as it is for his mom.  And actually, the space is a mess, and you really wouldn't want to see it anyway.  It's kinda like seeing the wizard behind the curtain-  takes some of the magic out of it... or maybe not.  Maybe you like to see the underpinnings of the business of painting... well, I'll include some shots of my varnishing rack with a buncha dogs spread out on it in the backyard yesterday afternoon while Max was napping...

And here is what John has to say about the sweetly concerned little pup~
"This is Cody.  He is my mom's dog.  My mom and I picked him out last July at a Petsmart adoption day event from the Last Hope organization.  He is a sweet little boy who loves to give stinky kisses.  My mom lost my dad about a year and a half ago and Cody has helped my mom to not feel too alone at home.  This picture was taken the day we brought him home.  He is a Chihuahua and Mini Dachshund mix."


Cody looks to me to be fully capable of providing as much loving as a person could need.

Thanks John!
And here is a crop of paintings, settling into their varnish...  gotta happen on sunny, coolish days with not so much humidity.  Been a great summer here for those...
I gotta admit, it is really fun for me to see them all together!  And this isn't all of them either!  Man, this has been SO fun and it is almost over!  I'll bring a couple dogs along this weekend to the Red Hot Art Festival at Steven's Square in Uptown! Come see me!

1 comment:

John Gettler said...

I love it. Great colors! Thanks Kat!