Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 21- WOODSTOCK!

What is not to LOVE?!? 
And I got to meet this delicious velvety creature!  On a lovely day last week, and as I drove to my morning rendezvous, I swear I saw no less than THREE other bassets walking their owners!
Here is what Karen, Woodstock's owner, says about him~

"Woodstock is 10 years old and has lived with us since he was 6.  I grew up with Basset Hounds and have always loved the breed.  We have known Woodstock since he was a puppy.  He lived with friends on a hobby farm and hung out with kids, kittens and a pygmy goat.  He would lounge in his dog house and the goat would love to keep watch on top of Woodstock's house.  In the evenings the family would go on walks on the country roads with the dog and goat following along.  Woodstock and the goat would "wrestle" where the goat would head butt the dog and the dog would grab a hold of the goat's horns.  When our friends decided to move to South Africa, we agreed to adopt Woodstock.  He has transitioned to city life well, he particularly loves his walks and has many fans all over the neighborhood.  We are glad to have Woodstock be a part of our family."

4 comments:

Kristin said...

What a wonderful portrait of Woodstock! I love it! (And I love you, Mr. Man.)

EscapeArtist said...

I am a fan too :)!

Karen said...

Excellent! Thank you!

Karen

EscapeArtist said...

https://picasaweb.google.com/constantin.moisei/20110730WoodstockNFriends?authkey=Gv1sRgCJiCsJPhjau9ew#5635681861467313954