Friday, August 6, 2010

August 6th

I had to take a bit of a break earlier this week, after all the wonderful festivities and the delivering of several dogs to their owners on Wednesday~ Max helped me do the rounds. So I have a few more to get out to their owners and two need to be mailed, one to England and the other to Wisconsin, both lovely desireable locals...
So this is Mallie, who was commissioned while I was in the midst of the "30 In 30" and I thought I wouldn't be able to get to her for a while, but gosh darn it I DO so love to paint.... So here she is! Great eyes, great face...
I've been besieged lately by requests/demands for the start of my "30 Cats In 30 Days" series, and what I've said is I need to practice on my own cats first. They are COMPLETELY different from dogs, as I am sure you know, and I am not sure I will be able to get their personalities across as well as I can the dogs. So we'll see. I want to paint more Maxs and shadows... like we saw on our walk this morning as you can see in this photo... I am intrigued by the darks and the lights....

check back for what I paint today, if Max stays asleep!

No comments: