Tuesday, September 27, 2022

9/27 Another Quick Paint Sketch from Saturday!

 I started doing these quick paintings for Wet Paint at Paws on Grand over a decade ago. I'd sit along the side of the store with 5 or 6 other local artists and the lines would form and we'd paint or draw for up to 3 hours! It was INSANE! And great for learning better how to draw and paint quickly. Put the pressure of people lining up for your work and see how fast you get better!

Really, it was so good for me. And I met some awesome people, and I love Wet Paint too! Roz Stendahl painted there too, and might still, and Tracie Thompson, who left this world in November of 2020. Tracie was the one who suggested I take photos of the beasties and paint from those, rather than try to draw each one from life because they just don't sit still. She also lent me some watercolors and brushes my first time, because I'm somehow better with shapes AND lines...



No comments: