Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Water Lover

 When I was at the Art Colony in March, I was also painting some of the otters from the Minnesota Zoo in anticipation of an upcoming show, and this is one that I was pretty pleased with~ I find it so interesting to look at the water and those reflections and movements, and try to paint it. It is a serious brain game, because you have to shut off that part of your brain that wants to label everything (wave, fur, eye) and bring it all back to the basics of shape, light, dark, and all that. It is just SOOOOO good for my brain!

And it would be good for your too!  Ya wanna come paint with me?  I've got six classes set up in June and July, a couple Saturdays from 12:30-3 (including this one coming up in a few days!) and a couple Thursdays, both 12:30-3 and 6:30-9- I've priced it at $65, everything included, and maybe that isn't quite enough but it's been a long couple years and I'm happy to invite people back into my studio again!  So get a buddy and come slap some paint around!  you can paint your pet, or another person's pet, or I'll set you up with an otter or a bear, or you can bring a vacation photo that you've been wanting to paint- the options are endless!

Here's a link with more info and a sign-up button!

Shoot me an email with any questions!

24x36 acrylic on wood
$1728

No comments: